Spotlight is expanding and looking for an intelligent, creative and energetic team player with professional experience in Wordpress website development. The work is challenging, fast paced and always changing. The ideal candidate has strong analytical skills, unwavering commitment to quality, extensive knowledge of Wordpress, collaborative work ethic and the ability to use standardized coding is required. The candidate must have a lot of experience working with Wordpress and creating websites using Wordpress.
This role will include maintaining and developing Spotlight's technology products along with the needs of clients and responsible for implementing visual elements that users see and interact with in a web application.
- Work with Spotlight's clients on developing new and engaging websites that fulfill their vision
- Work on Spotlight's websites and help ensure we have the best looking and dynamic website in the region
- Translate Sketch designs into highly-customized, client-friendly WordPress sites
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Visual and user-focused design skills and an eye for detail.
- Solid understanding of mobile and desktop development and the best practices for usability.
- Ability to move quickly and independently and ability to multitask on several projects.
Prior Experience and Functional Skills
- Bachelor’s degree related to the field
- 2+ years relevant work experience
- Exceptional knowledge of Wordpress
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3, PHP
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image.
- Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
- Familiarity with content management and eCommerce solutions such as: Woocommerce
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
** Note: Spotlight offers a base salary, a benefits package, and the opportunity to advance.
- Medical Insurance (50% employer paid for employee)
- Dental and Vision Insurance (50% employer paid for employee)
- Vision Savings Pass (discount program)
- Life and Disability Insurance (100% employer paid for employee)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Volunteer Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Matching Charitable Donations
- 401K with employer match up to 3% (after one year of employment)
Notes: This position may require some hours outside of standard M-F 8 a.m.-5 p.m. It also requires travel in the Fargo area and occasionally outside of Fargo. A valid drivers license is required for this position and reliable transportation is needed. Travel expenses and mileage are paid when travel is required.
No follow-up phone calls or emails please, we are honored and humbled that we typically receive an overwhelming response to job postings at Spotlight. We will contact candidates as soon as we are able.